As the season changes from Summer to Fall, some of us start planning activities for our fall bucket list. A Fall bucket list is a list of things you’d like to do to celebrate the beginning of the Fall season. My family always looks forward to this season. We love all the activities that go with it and the cooler temperatures. There’s nothing like a cool night by a bonfire, roasting marshmallows and cozied up in our jackets and blankets. You might be asking yourself so what is there to do in the Fall? Well, get ready to have fun because we are sharing a family-friendly bucket list that can surely keep you busy.
One thing my family and I always enjoy is getting out in nature. One of our favorite times to do that is during the Fall season. Here is a list of the best outdoor activities:
- Jump into a pile of leaves: who else remembers doing this as a kid? Now, as a parent it’s the one thing my kids look forward to. So jump in those golden leaves and enjoy.
- Go to a pumpking patch: This is our favorite activity. It is one of the best places to visit, as far as fall is concerned. Pumpkin patches get busy quickly. The earlier you arrive the better, if you don’t want to wait in long lines.
- Bonfire: The cooler weather is a perfect reason to invite your family and friends over and have a bonfire, roast marshmellows and make smores. One of our favorite family traditions.
- Go on a hayride: many of the pumpkin patches offer hayrides during their Autumn harvest. It’s the perfect activity for all ages.
- Apple picking: another great way to kick off Fall and brings a lot of fun during your outdoor activities. They have different flavored apples. You can ask an orchard farmer the characteristics of different apples, and decide what you will do with them. Maybe even prepare an applie pie with friends.
- Corn Maze: this can provide hours of fun while you try and find your way out of the corn maze.
- Go to a football game: everyone should experience a football game at least once. Even if you aren’t a big football person the atmosphere is so much fun and you can’t beat good ole concession stand food!
As the weather gets colder you may not want to adventure outside as much. Here is a list of fun activities you can enjoy indoors.
- Watch a scary movie: my younger self would watch scary movies all the time. Since having kids I haven’t watched one unless it’s kid friendly. A few of our favorites are “Hotel Translyvania” and “The Adams Family”.
- Make Chili: We have this yummy goodness at least 1-2 times a week during the Fall season. Pair it with fritos, shredded cheese, and sour cream you have a yummy meal.
- Go to a haunted house: A haunted house can make for a fun time. It may not be the best option for young children. It can be a great way to celebrate the season.
- Carve pumpkins: this is a must for this time of year. Everywhere you look you see pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors. If you can stand the mess, my kids love painting them too!
- Make pumpkin pie: Pinterest has some great recipes.
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee: seriously, you just have to try it!
- Shop for Fall candles: There’s nothing I love more than the scent of Fall filling my house.
- Decorate your home with Fall decor: It’s always fun to change up your home decor with each season. Decocrated subscription box is the perfect solution to this you can get a box of 6-8 home decor pieces shipped right to your door. No more hassle of going to the store and looking for that perfect piece.
With a new season comes new beginnings. The changing leaves remind me that sometimes transformation can be so beautiful. Get out there end enjoy all that the season has to offer.