Parenting is a busy gig. Especially as your kids get older and you add in sports and extracurricular activities. Things get busy very quickly. Who would’ve guessed that the toughest question every day would be, “What’s for supper?” This is why I am always on the hunt for things to cook that are quick and easy. Some of our favorite meals are soups, one sheet dishes, and casseroles. I want to share one of our favorite 30-minute meals, a delicious chicken casserole.
Here is the list of ingredients needed to make the chicken casserole:
- Boneless Chicken Tenders ( You can buy them raw and boil them on the stovetop or you can use canned chicken)
- Stir-Fried Rice (I use the Rice A Roni box and cook according to the instructions on the back)
- 8 oz. of sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken
- Ritz Crackers
- Stick of Butter
Steps to prepare casserole:
- Boil chicken on stove for 10-15 minutes till tender
- Turn oven on 350 degrees
- Prepare stir friend rice according to box instructions
- Spray Pam in 2 qt. baking dish
- Let chicken cool on plate then cut into small pieces
- Add rice to baking dish once cooked
- Mix sour cream and cream of chicken in a separate bowl then add in chicken pieces
- Pour chicken mixture on top of rice
- Put crushed ritz crackers on top of chicken mixture
- Slice butter on top
Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. You can serve this with a vegetable or by itself. Sometimes we will add shredded cheese to the top when it comes out. It’s very filling and great comfort food! We cook this at least once a week and during any season, it’s that good!
If you’re needing more 30-minute meal ideas check out my friend’s recipes below!
Stovetop Turkey Chili Mac / Taste As You Go
Spicy Italian Sausage and Zoodles / Amy’s Balancing Act
Creamy Sausage and Kale Soup / Style Simpler
French Toast Casserole / The Williams Party
Restaurant Style Chicken Lo Mein / The Mommy Spice
Pan Sheet Chicken & Veggies / Mama Llama Llama
Shepherd’s Pie / Alexisamomdotcom
Follow me over on Instagram & Pinterest!
Michelle | Taste As You Go says
This reminds me of a chicken casserole dish my mom used to make when I was a kid! She’d stir in frozen chopped broccoli. Yum!
I love a good chicken casserole and haven’t tried one like this yet. Plus this one sounds quick and easy perfect for weeknights!!
I am a huge fan of meals that are quick. I am adding this to my weekly meals menu! Thank you so much for sharing!
I’m so happy to hear that! I hope you enjoy it!
Looks so good. Def adding to my recipes.
Let me know what you think!
Amy Gougler says
This casserole sounds so tasty! Bonus points because it also sounds like something my kids will eat!
MY kids all gobble it up!
Anything with RiceARoni is a winner for me!
Definitely going to add to our dinner jar! Sounds like our kind of family meal!